Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas and a visit home!

Since my car spent her Christmas in the Valley of the Shadow of Death, my brother came down from Birmingham to pick me up to go home! Yay! We had a wondeful ride back up, (which almost never happens...usually after the sixth hour or so we end up fighting about immigration of socialized medicine or something...) and stayed on pretty good terms through the whole trip.

Going home was fantastic. I haven't been pining or desperately missing home or anything, but it was amazing to remember how many people I love and love me. Even though I felt like I was catching back up with people non-stop, there were still a ton of people who I'd love to see but missed. I'm sorry to anyone I didn't see! But I got to see some of my best friends from college, and lots of people from church I adore.

Also I got my mountain fix! Yay! (In eighteen inches of snow...)

It was a nice and relaxing trip, and I'm ready to get the new year started!

(Oh, the mechanic I want to go to is closed until after New Year's...so that particular problem is on hold for another week. Let's hear it for enabled procrastination!)

3 comments:

  1. i missed you! that's horrible! i guess i'll just have to figure out a time to come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful Christmas with both of you home! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you got your mountain fix! And lots of snow to boot :-)

    Miss you and sending you love and prayers from mongolia!

    ReplyDelete